All England Lawn Tennis Club: Entrance to Centre Court
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.
|Copyright 1||Francis Frith Ltd. This image cannot be purchased from this site.|
|Notes / History||The famous ivy-covered façade of Centre Court.
Centre Court is recognised by fans throughout the world, as the home of lawn tennis.
Built in 1922, it originally housed 9,989 seats with standing room for an additional 3,400. Raising the roof in 1979 increased crowd capacity and subsequent refurbishment during the 1980s and early 90s now means that over 15,000 can enjoy watching top quality tennis.