Golf Club House, Mitcham Common
Buy a copy
|Copyright 1||Mayhew's Photo Series|
|Notes / History||Having ceased to be a private members club in 1925, Mitcham golf course was later opened to the public by Labour Prime Minister, Ramsey Macdonald.
Tragically, the original clubhouse burnt down in 1932 with the loss of many historical assets, including the visitors book bearing the signatures of distinguished guests such as Benjamin Disraeli.
The new clubhouse was constructed in typical Art Deco style.