Cricket Green, Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1895|
|Notes / History||Notice the marquees in the background. The Club pavilion was not built until 1904. Prior to that, a number of tents were erected to provide shelter and hospitality for both players and spectators.
The facilities seem to have been a “home from home” – there were even pot palms and flowers as part of the décor.
The area of fencing, picture right, marks the entrance to what is now Birches Close and the local polyclinic.