Hanford Row, Wimbledon
Buy a copy
|Copyright 1||Fred Richard|
|Notes / History||Situated near Cannizaro House, this row of eight tiny houses was built during the 1770s, on the instructions of William Hanford, a London businessman.
Surviving records from 1776, reveal the occupants to have been five poor labourers, employed on the Westside estates, a sawyer and a gardener, Thomas Cannon.
Following Cannon's departure, his cottage was occupied by John Dorset, formerly the coachman to Sarah, Duchess of Marlborough,(owner of the manor of Wimbledon).