Merton High Street, Colliers Wood: River Wandle
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1920|
|Copyright 1||Johns Copy by W A Cook|
|Notes / History||Suburban bus services were undergoing a rapid expansion during the period 1910-1920 and many new garages were built to meet the increasing demand for transport. The building shown here, owned by the London General Omnibus Company, dates from 1913 and is still the main local depot for London Transport. Some of the drivers can be seen in the foreground, sporting their distinctive white uniforms and caps.|