Camp Road, Wimbledon Common
Buy a print
|Notes / History||This is just one part of Wimbledon to have benefited from the inspired work of Gertrude Jekyll, who in 1906 created a garden for Sir George Gibb at 35 Camp Road.
She is also known to have designed three other gardens in the Wimbledon/Merton Park area:
1908: Lady Gibb’s garden at 4 Belvedere Avenue
1914: Arthur Carr’s garden at “Bowerbank”, 10 The Downs
During the early part of the 20th century at "Greystones", 19 Mostyn Road