Pickles Corner, Mitcham: Rats Castle

Pickles Corner, Mitcham: Rats Castle

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date 1909
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Streets_​P_​Wil_​54-14
Original Format Photo
Notes / History An Old Barn House, located at the junction of Christchurch Road and Phipps Bridge Road, known as Pickle corner. In early 19th century used by J. Meadow for textile bleaching, later on as a Confectionary Shop, then as a Lipton Tea Rooms as seen in this picture. Eventually as of its derelict state and neglect earned a name of “Rat Castle” being demolished in 1961.

Related items

Comments

* Required field