Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1929|
|Notes / History||Mitcham Park combines finely constructed Victorian villas with large mock-Tudor houses, set in extensive gardens with outbuildings and stable blocks.
Many of the properties facing London Road were constructed during the 1890s, while the remainder were completed during the interwar period.
The estate was devised with the support of Sir Sydney Gedge, MP, who lived at Mitcham Hall, an imposing property which once stood on London Road.
During its early history, “the Park”, was closed off from the surrounding area for one day each year to emphasise the private status of the estate.