Belvedere Avenue, Wimbledon
Buy a print
|Notes / History||This is just one part of Wimbledon to have benefited from the inspired work of Gertrude Jekyll, who in 1908 created a garden for Lady Gibb at 4 Belvedere Avenue.
She is also known to have designed three other gardens in the Wimbledon/Merton Park area:
1906: Sir George Gibb’s garden at 35 Camp Road,
1914: Arthur Carr’s garden at “Bowerbank”, 10 The Downs, and
During the early part of the 20th century, a garden at "Greystones", 19 Mostyn Road