Fair Green, Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1926|
|Copyright 1||C.E.Spence, Mitcham|
|Notes / History||This picture looks to have been taken shortly after the Fair Green was landscaped and pleasure gardens added in 1925.
The bandstand would have been a focal point for village events, although its presence seems to have been relatively short-lived, as it does not appear on photographs from the 1960s.
The Old Nag’s Head pub and Davis’s Coach firm are just out of sight, far left. Much of this part of the Green has been altered following the introduction of a one-way system during the 1990s.