High Street, Mitcham: Kenward's Coach Builders
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1875|
|Notes / History||Mr William Kenward's Coach Builders shops near the 'Elms'. Mr Kenward was Churchwarden at the Parish Church and he and his wife were both buried on the same day.
The pillar on the right forms part of the wall and railings in front of Eagle House. The house to left of lamp-post was still standing in 1936. The workshops stood approximately on the site of the Public Baths. The 'Elms' was a school and orphanage and stood on the site of the shops (immediately noth of the baths) erected in 1934.