Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon

Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon
Picture Reference Wim_​14_​2-10
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History Motorised bus, heading up Wimbledon Hill, bound for Putney Bridge Station.


The first local motorbuses were introduced by the Tilling Company, c.1900. These vehicles, with their solid rubber tyres, were ratherbumpy and uncomfortable, compared with the modern equivalent.

Related items

Comments

* Required field