Morden Road Station

Morden Road Station

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1857
Area Merton
Picture Reference MerMor_​21_​7-2
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The West Croydon to Wimbledon Line was opened on 22 October 1855, and the station opened on the same day, originally being named Morden. It was renamed three times: to Morden Halt in 1910; to Morden Road Halt on 2 July 1951, and finally to Morden Road on 5 May 1969.The last train ran on 31 May 1997 when the line was closed. Shortly after closure the original platform was demolished and the two-platform Morden Road tram stop of the Tramlink system was built on the site.

Related items

Comments

* Required field