Mitcham Junction Station
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||The station was opened on 1st October 1868 with the opening of the Peckham Rye to Sutton line. Following the closure of the Wimbledon - West Croydon line in 1997 Mitcham Junction remained open as a station on the Sutton line. A new tram stop was built on the south side of the station with interchange facilities.
This view looking towards Croydon shows the stationmaster, in his top hat, with his staff in the early days.