London Road, Mitcham.
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1930|
|Notes / History||The Mitcham terminus, London Road. Until the 1950s, buses used the forecourt near Vestry Hall as their local resting point. The original "Cricketers" pub can be seen, picture left. This was destroyed by a landmine in 1940 and replaced by the current hostelry in 1958. Spot the small boy hiding in the heart of one of Cricket Green's much loved elm trees, far right.|