Mitcham Junction Station
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1998|
|Notes / History||The station was opened on 1st October 1868 with the opening of the Peckham Rye to Sutton line. Following the closure of the Wimbledon - West Croydon line in 1997 Mitcham Junction remained open as a station on the Sutton line. A new tram stop was built on the south side of the station with interchange facilities.
This picture shows the station in the autumn of 1998 as preparations begin for the building of the Tramlink interchange.
The track going off in the distance is towards Wimbledon and it swings left over the railway track. New Tramlink track sections in the foreground are waiting to be installed.