Bishopsford Road Bridge, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c 1910|
|Notes / History||Also known as Mitcham Bridge, crosses the River Wandle at Bishopsford Road.
In 1759 the parishes of Mitcham and Morden were formally presented to the magistrates of the county for failing to ensure that the bridge was in proper repair. By 1789 the bridge was certainly of brick, recorded by Edwards, the topographer. There is a metal Parish Boundary Marker in the Western parapet bearing the date 1882.
Mitcham News & Mercury 16-7-1971