Trams in Mitcham - The Cricket Green Terminus
Sorry this item cannot be purchased.
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1910|
|Copyright 1||Pamlin Prints, Croydon|
|Notes / History||The Vestry Hall was erected for the sum of £4000 by E.J.Burnand and opened on 18-05-1887. The Cricketers Inn to the left of Vestry Hall has a sign on the opposite kerb.
In 1906 the South Metropolitan Electric Tramways opened from Tooting Broadway to Croydon via Mitcham Fair Green, with a branch to the Cricket Green in 1910.
Looking towards Mitcham town centre with the cricket green on the right and the tram waiting at the terminus. Note the horses and carts standing still though unattended and the one on the left feeding from his nosebag.