Whiteley Products, Ravensbury Mill, Morden Road, Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||A mill has stood on this site since the 1680s. The mill had a number of owners including the Rutter’s family and George Bidder who used it for the production of snuff. For a period 1868-1884 it was used as a flock mill. Whitely Products Ltd, manufacturers of sports goods, took over in 1925 and vacated the site in 1980. Empty for 14 years it was damaged by vandals and fire. Some of the other buildings were demolished when flats were built on the site in the early 1990s.
This picture shows one of the side buildings near the Wandle.