Morden Hall Snuff Mills, Morden: Waterwheels.
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1951|
|Copyright 1||B. Fletcher|
|Notes / History||One of the two waterwheels associated with the two mills on the Morden Hall Estate can clearly be seen. The other is just visible.
The wheels were in use until 1922 and remained in place until 1968. One of the two was then removed and the other had its paddles taken away. These have now been put back in place but is no longer driven by the water of the River Wandle.