Willow Farm, Christchurch Road, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1914|
|Copyright 1||E P Olney|
|Notes / History||The Willows was built in 1746 and stood for 200 years on the north side of the Willow Lane. In the mid-1800s it was used for calico printing by a gentleman named Makepeace. Its fields extended southwards along the banks of the River Wandle as far as
Mill Green. It was taken over in the 1880s by Louise Dutriez for watercress and pig farming. The Willows remained until the 1930s before being demolished.
This photograph shows Willow Farm buildings and sign showing ‘To be Sold’ Apply to John G Dean & Co.