Hayward's Factory, Morden Road, Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1900|
|Notes / History||Daniel Hayward and Sons Ltd, firm of linoleum and floor cloth manufacturers purchased the land at auction in 1876. They went bankrupt in 1887. There were several fires during their ownership. The site was taken over by Mitcham Linoleum and Floorcloth Co. and two years later by
British and Foreign Oxolin Co. who sold it to Messrs Bigby, paint and varnish manufacturers in 1901. In 1916 British Rubber Co. took over the site until it was destroyed in an air raid in the 1940’s.