London Road, Mitcham: Snuff Mill
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1823|
|Notes / History||On the right can be seen the former snuff mill and waterwheel on what is now part of the National Trust Watermeads nature area. This belonged to Richard Glover and was built around 1804. The mill was demolished for safety reasons in 1922. Also known as Morden Mill and the area as Morden Mill Meadow it was given to the National Trust by the Urban District Council of Merton and Morden in 1965.
On the left can be seen Grove Mill. Destoryed by fire in 1907 it was rebuilt. This picture, given the date of it, appears to show the original mill building. The later building still remains and is now housing.