|Notes / History
||As a family residence owned by the Wood family ir was know at the end of the 1800s as 'Woodite Towers'. For a short time the home of Capt Walter Wood in 1903 it was renamed 'Tower Works' and it become a factory occupied by the French company George Pellerin et Cie, marrgarine packers. In 1905 part of the factory was being used by General Motor Company for car manufacture and to transport mail on behalf of the Post Office. Pellerin were taken over by the Mitcham Margarine Company in 1910. By 1922 a new company Merton Abbey Creameries took over Tower Works . In 1925 the Wood family granted a lease of the Woodite Works, by then 'Victoria Works' , top the Castle Rubber Company. Within two years the Wood family sold the whole site to Samuel Ward & Co, paint and varnish manufacturers. By 1930 it was being used by food producing organisations and for the next 30 years was occupied by a succession of companies. The last people to occupy the premises were the International Marine Radio Co Ltd. The site remains today an anomaly on the edge of the Common.