Water wheel gear, Morden Garden
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||August 2012|
|Copyright 1||Mitcham Camera Club|
|Notes / History||Water Wheel Gear taken in the Stable Yard at Morden Hall Park. Gear was hanging/leaning on the wall.
Although snuff production at the mill ceased in 1922, much of the external workings remained in situ for several decades. One of the waterwheels was finally removed in 1968. The other was left in place, although the paddles were removed to prevent the accumulation of driftwood. This picture shows the wheel rim from the removed water wheel. It sat against the wall of the Stable Block in Morden Hall until redevelopment of the Stable Block in 2012.