Carters Tested Seeds: Demolition of the main building
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1968|
|Notes / History||This photograph shows the demolition of the premises formally owned by Carters. They had moved to
Raynes Park in 1910. After the firm was sold in 1966 the land was purchased a year later by Merton Council for the construction of a housing estate..
The fish which inhabited the ornamental pool that can be seen were transferred to the carp pond next to
The Canons, Mitcham.