Carters Tested Seeds: Golden Vale turnips
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||December 1938|
|Copyright 1||Carters Tested Seeds|
|Photographer / Origin of Photo||B. Buckhurst|
|Notes / History||Carters established a 19 acre site in West Barnes Lane, Raynes Park in 1910. The site included glasshouses, seed beds, testing grounds and storage warehouses. The firm was world famous, winning numerous awards for horticultural excellence. In addition to cultivating seed and bulbs for flower crops and vegetables, they also supplied high quality grass seed for the
Lords Cricket Ground,
the All England Lawn Tennis Club and numerous golf clubs worldwide.