St.Mary's Road, Queen Alexandra's Court, Wimbledon
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Although Georgian in style, this fine complex of brick mansions actually dates from 1904.
Designed by Ernest George and Yeates, it was built to house the widows and unmarried daughters of servicemen killed in action.
Construction was partly financed by Queen Alexandra’s War Fund, (originally created to support soldiers’ families during the Boer War).
King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra official opened the property in July 1905.