Merton High Street: William Morris Archaeological Dig

Merton High Street: William Morris Archaeological Dig

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Area Merton
Picture Reference MerMor_​10_​2-49
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Morris site stood on both sides of the River Wandle where it turns to head along Merton High Street. The original buildings from the works had been demolished in the early 1940’s when the site was brought by New Merton Board Mills. In the 1980’s, and just after this dig, the Savacentre was built housing Sainbury’s Supermarket and Marks and Spencer.
The Savacentre also covered most of the remains of Merton Priory that were near by.

This picture shows remains of a shoe.

Related items

Comments

* Required field