Long Lodge, Kingston Road, Merton Park: East wing, ground floor
Buy a copy
|Notes / History
Long lodge was built circa 1725 and was the home and studio of the pre-Raphaelite artist Fredrick Shields from 1896 until his death in 1911.
The building was later occupied by Merton Park Studios which produced training and propaganda films during the Second World War. After the war it concentrated on training, education and advertising films. Feature films were also produced here.
It is now occupied as offices.