Merton Park Golf Links Clubhouse

Merton Park Golf Links Clubhouse

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Area Merton Park
Copyright 1 Collins & Kew Wimbledon
Picture Reference MerMor_​26_​2-9
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History Opened in 1912, this private club was accessed via Mostyn Road. The clubhouse, shown here, was designed by Arts and Crafts architect, Sydney Brocklesby.

In 1920 the Merton Park Club had 300 members, each paying an annual fee of eight guineas (£8.40).

By the 1930s encroaching housing developments led the club to move to Morden Park. It appears to have been wound up in the immediate post-war era.

The building shown here survives but has been converted to form homes in Maycross Avenue.

Related items


* Required field