Rear view of The Bull, Church Place, Mitcham

Buy a print

Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​21_​7-4
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Originally known as the ‘Black Bull’ the inn dates from the 18th century and was described in 1789 as ‘a genteel and good accustomed public house kept by a Mr. Sanders’. At this stage, the pub was associated with a house and yard leased to Notice the brewery sign, far right – The Bull was first leased to Young & Bainbridge in 1832, when the landlord was John Davidson. It was ultimately purchased by Young & Co. in 1899.

Related items


* Required field