Tate Almshouses, Cricket Green, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Notes / History||The Tate Almshouses at the side of the Cricket Green were built in 1829.
The site and building costs were donated by Miss Mary Tate to accommodate twelve poor widows or spinsters of the parish.
Miss Tate was the sole surviving member of the Tate family who lived from about 1700 in a large mansion on the site of the almshouses.