Lingfield Road, Wimbledon: Village Lecture Hall and Club

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon Village
Copyright 1 London Borough of Merton
Picture Reference Wim_​9_​13-13
Original Format Photo
Photographer / Origin of Photo Johns
Notes / History Intended to provide "opportunities of intellectual and moral improvement, rational and social enjoyment," this building was designed by Samuel Teulon and opened in 1859.

Originally it housed a reading room, library and lecture hall; in 1916, the upper floor was converted to house the Wimbledon Society Museum.

Related items

Comments

* Required field