Ravensbury Arms and the Blue House in the snow
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|London Borough of Merton
|Photographer / Origin of Photo
|Notes / History
|The pub took its name from the manor of Ravensbury and was also known as the Blue House. The road show here was popular venue for trotting and pony races – rides travelled roughly one mile between the Ravensbury Arms (Blue House) and the Gardeners’ Arms (also known as the Red House). The old pub shown here was demolished and replaced by the current structure in 1906. Sadly the Ravensbury Arms is one of many Mitcham pubs to have closed during the recent years.