Morden Park House: Southern aspect

Morden Park House: Southern aspect

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1950
Area Morden
Copyright 1 London Borough of Merton
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​Morden_​Lodge_​23-1
Original Format Photo
Photographer / Origin of Photo W.A. Cook
Notes / History Morden Park House was a grand
building constructed by John Ewart
in 1770. It stands on land formerly
owned by the Garth family, lords of
the manor of Morden from the 16th

For a brief period following the
Second World War, the building
became the headquarters for the
local golf club. It later became the
headquarters for the council
Parks Department and stood
vacant for a lengthy period from 1985

Now refurbished Morden Park House
now holds the local Registry for
births, marriages and deaths.

Related items


* Required field