The Grange, Central Road, Morden

The Grange, Central Road, Morden

Sorry this item cannot be purchased.

Area Morden
Copyright 1 Francis Frith & Co. Ltd. This image is not available for reproduction.
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​GR_​H_​11-5
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Grange, Morden. External view of house.

The Grange is a two storey stuccoed villa, built c.1800. Like Morden Hall, the Grange, known at the time as Steel Hawes, was owned by Gilliat Edward Hatfeild. In 1915 it was converted into a military hospital with 34 beds and was opened as The Grange by its founder and matron, Mrs Lewin. The building later housed a post-war nursing home, which closed in 1964.

After many years in disrepair, the Grange was refurbished and converted to offices.

Related items


* Required field