The Grange, Central Road, Morden.
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|Copyright GLC Photographic Photo unit of Architecture & Civic Design. Serial 66-8067
|Notes / History
|The Grange is a two storey stuccoed villa, built c.1800. Like Morden Hall, the Grange, known at the time as Steel Hawes, was owned by Gilliat Edward Hatfeild. In 1915 it was converted into a military hospital with 34 beds and was opened as The Grange by its founder and matron, Mrs Lewin. The building later housed a post-war nursing home, which closed in 1964.
After many years in disrepair, the Grange was refurbished and converted to offices.