Morden Park House

Morden Park House

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1970
Area Morden
Copyright 1 A J Martyn
Picture Reference MerMor_​O/S_​Morden,_​Morden_​Park,_​Morden_​Hall_​T1-6
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The mansion was built for John Ewart, an eminent London distiller in 1770, but he seems to have moved out ten years later. For the next 150 years the house was home to a long list of distinguished people. In the 1930’s it became a golf club house, and between 1965-1985 was used by London Borough of Merton, parks, Allotments and cemeteries department.
It then underwent a major refurbishment, to transform it into the new register office for Merton.

Related items

Comments

* Required field