Church House, Merton: Part of the old perimeter wall
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|Photographer / Origin of Photo
|Notes / History
|This is part of the historic perimiter wall surrounding Church House, Church Lane, Merton.
The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.
Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries.