Church house: North Stable entrance
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|Notes / History
|The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.
Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries.