Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|Notes / History
|Henry William Bull, Wimbledon Borough Librarian, 1896-35.
When first opened, the library could only provide access to newspapers. Lending and reference sections were only opened six months later, when public subscriptions and donations had ensured sufficient quantities of stock to fill the shelves. Initially people were not allowed immediate access to the books – instead they chose a title from a card catalogue and took their request to a special window. A librarian would them supply the relevant publication.