Littler's Cottage, Phipps Bridge

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1894
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 London Borough of Merton
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​L_​LI_​12-2
Original Format Photo
Photographer / Origin of Photo G.F. Cook
Notes / History Photo showing White Cottage, or 'Littler's Cottage' in the far background.

This waterboarded Cottage, has been known to exist since 1804 under the discretion names as: “Littler’s Cottage”, “White Cottage” or “The Nook”. At first occupied by Thomas Bartlett in 1804, then leased to John Leach of Newton, Leach, Greaves and Hodgson in 1805 as calico painters. In 1812, printer William Hate and sons worked for the calico printers being part of Merton Abbey. These cottages were demolished in 1961 century and replaced with modern block of flats

Related items

Comments

* Required field