Royal Six Bells, Merton High Street

Royal Six Bells, Merton High Street

Buy a copy

For prints:
Contact Merton Heritage Service. Tel.020 8545 3239 Email:

Area Colliers Wood
Picture Reference Mit_​22_​14-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History This pub was originally known as 'Five Bells,' which later became the 'Six Bells,' and finally, 'The Royal Six Bells' after the Prince of Wales, latterly Edward VII, gave the inn his custom. The pub was demolished in 1855 so the Lambeth Water Company could lay water mains; consequently, they had to finance the new building. This second pub still stands in Colliers Wood, though it is no longer bears any of its original names.

Related items


* Required field