Ravensbury Arms (the Blue Houses), Croydon Road

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1890
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​22_​11-2
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Street view of The Ravensbury Arms pub (formerly called the Blue House), displays a sign bearing the arms of the manor of Ravensbury. During the Medieval period, jurisdiction over the parish of Mitcham was divided between four manors: Biggin & Tamworth to the north, Vauxhall (Phipps Bridge to Commonside West), Mitcham Canons and Ravensbury to the west. Over the centuries, the manor of Ravensbury has been associated with many notable names. For instance, control passes to the Carews of Beddington during the Tudor period and the Bidder family during the 19th century.

Related items

Comments

* Required field