Laburnum Road Estate, Mitcham: Looking SW

Laburnum Road Estate, Mitcham:  Looking SW

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1956
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Phox Studio
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​53-4
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Shown is a view overlooking part of the Laburnum Road Estate situated in Figg's Marsh, Mitcham, The Estate was built in the 1950's by the London Borough of Merton and was just one of several Housing Estates built by the Council to meet the urgent need for housing following the 2nd World War. The Estate comprised of both houses and high rise buildings. Within Mitcham there were many gravel pits and part of this Estate was built over a reclaimed old gravel pit.

Related items

Comments

* Required field