Mitcham Garden Village: Built 1928 -1932
Buy a print
|Notes / History||An early picture of Mitcham Garden Village, Lower Mitcham.
Sir. Isaac Wilson funded the construction work. A successful property developer, he lived at The Birches, a sizeable property which still stands (near the modern polyclinic). Sir Isaac did much to support the local community. In addition to the Garden Village, he also financed the creation of Wilson Hospital, opened in 1928, and was a driving force behind fundraising events such as Mitcham Carnival.