Eagle House, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Eagle House, Upper Mitcham, is a good example of the architecture of the Queen Anne period and thought to have been erected in 1705. For a period of time up until 1616, the land on which the house stands was part of the Estate of Sir Walter and Lady Elizabeth Raleigh.
During its history the house has been used as a residence for city bankers, a private boarding school and a school run by the poor law authorities. In more recent years it came into the possession of the London Borough of Merton and was updated and extended for office use.