Bull Inn, Church Road

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1860
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​5-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Bull Inn was originally known as the “Black Bull. " The inn dates from the 18th century and was once described as a “genteel and good accustomed public house kept by Mr. Sanders."

It was initially leased by a local farmer. In 1832 it was leased to Young & Bainbridge. After this partnership was dissolved it was purchased by Young & Co in 1899.

During the 1920s, the pub offered a varied entertainment programme, including early showings of talking films, such as the “Jazz Singer” with Al Jolson. It has since closed down.

Related items

Comments

* Required field