Burn Bullock, London Road, Cricket Green
Buy a copy
|Date Photo Taken||13th August 1989|
|Copyright 1||Charles Wild|
|Notes / History||The Burn Bullock was originally known as The King's Head and was built in or before the 17th century, when it served as a coaching inn. It was also a favoured meeting place during the Napoleonic Wars and was briefly frequented by George IV.
The name was changed in 1975 to honour Burn (Burnett) Bullock, a former licensee who had run the pub with his wife Lily. Bullock - a player, committee member and hon. secretary of Mitcham Cricket Club - died in 1954.
The pub has since shut down.